Wavlink Firmware Download for AERIAL X [Complete Guide]
With the advent of new technology, it is essential to cope with the latest technology. The devices tend to get outdated with technology advancements. To be competent with the latest models, you have two options. Either shell out on new updated devices with the latest hardware and software or update the existing device firmware to the latest version. Which option do you think is preferable? Unless you have so much money that you have no idea where to spend it, you will go for the latter option. If you have an AERIAL X extender at home, then read this blog to know how you can do a Wavlink firmware download to make it remain competitive with the latest extenders.
Wavlink Firmware Download: A Bigger Picture
There is a dire need for the internet today. Almost every house, be it small or big, has its own Wavlink WiFi network in place. The reason being Wavlink AERIAL X extenders fulfill our internet requirements to get our everyday jobs done, be it for work or getting help with daily chores. As they are taking good care of our needs, it is our responsibility too to handle them with little care. Along with handling them gently, we can also ensure to do Wavlink firmware download to get the best out of them.
FYI, the firmware is the system software used by every Wavlink device to perform basic functions. It is embedded in the ROM of your device. Whenever this is updated to the latest version, the device gets equipped with the latest functions. Along with adding new features, this fixes bugs and enhances device security. It in fact enhances the overall performance of your device. Thus, it remains vital to have the device running on the latest firmware, such that you get the latest technology without spending on the new device. Lastly, doing Wavlink firmware download is a much more cost-effective and simpler way to make the most out of the AERIAL X extender.
Steps to Do Wavlink Firmware Download
If you are a new user, then first get the Wavlink AERIAL X setup done and then check for the firmware updates. However, if you are an old user, then you can proceed directly. Under any circumstances, if you are facing any issues while updating the firmware on your device, then you can get in touch with our experts to help you out. Here is the process:
- Plug your Wavlink AERIAL X range extender into a working power socket to turn it on. Ensure a stable power supply.
- Also, make sure that there is a reliable internet connection to your device.
- Now grab a computer and open an internet browser.
Note: To avoid any hindrance while doing Wavlink firmware download, consider updating your computer to the latest operating system. Additionally, update the web browser too. You can also choose to delete its cache and cookies for a smooth firmware update process.
- Using the official website, download the latest version of firmware for the Wavlink AERIAL X model. Save it at any safe location on your computer.
- Open a new tab on the same browser and type 192.168.10.1 in the URL bar to open the Wavlink login window.
- Enter the login password and click on the Login button.
- You will land on the Wavlink AERIAL X management interface.
- Click on the Setup tab below.
- Now, select Firmware Update.
- You will be prompted to select the Wavlink firmware download file. Click on the Select File button.
- Choose the previously saved firmware file on your computer.
- Finally, click on the Apply button.
- The firmware update on your Wavlink AERIAL X will get completed in some time.
What If Wavlink Firmware Download Fails?
Make sure you do not interrupt the firmware upgrading process. If the process gets obstructed due to any reason like a power outage or weak internet supply, then the firmware may get corrupted. In such a situation, reset your device. You can reset your Wavlink router by doing this:
- Locate the Reset button on the device.
- Press it. The reset is done.
Now, again set up your AERIAL X extender and attempt to do Wavlink firmware download once again.
The Concluding Thought
Wavlink keeps rolling firmware updates on a regular basis. Wavlink recommends keeping AERIAL X updated with the latest firmware all the time. Thus, keep an eye on such updates. Whenever you find any update available for your WiFi range extender, simply perform Wavlink firmware download and get it installed using the above method. The above-given firmware update steps are pretty easy and do not need technical expertise. However, in case you still any assistance while updating your Wavlink AERIAL X device, then chat with our technical team to get the job done efficiently.